New to Clinical and Reformer Pilates
If you are new to Pilates in general, or wish to undertake clinical Pilates classes, we require you to begin with a one-on-one introduction with a personal and bespoke approach to ensure all niggles, previous and current injuries and goals are communicated. As everyone is unique, we document your posture, mobility and flexibility and co-align what we see to your goals and any past issues. We recommend clients who have come from a group Pilates class environment (mat/equipment) who wish to attend reformer classes to attend an introduction.
We then spend time on explaining pelvic floor, core sequencing and breathing and begin with exercises to start the application of these concepts. The method is a process that is refined over time – we don’t expect any new client to be a black belt Pilates pro after the assessment; it will take a few sessions to settle into the routine and the specifics of the method.
Your introduction also includes your first class which can be used to attend a clinical Pilates, reformer Pilates or a motus session.
New to Körpermotus
We have an app! Search körpermotus in your app store, download and follow the prompts. You can either create an account through the app if you have not done so already, or you can log in with the details you created the account on the website with. It’s very easy to use and a great option to book or make changes if you’re not near your computer!
If you are coming from another studio we still require you to begin with an introduction if you wish to attend clinical Pilates to ensure a correct and up-to-date goals list and health and injury history are communicated and recorded.
If it has been some time between classes, you are welcome to book an introduction or a private to revisit the fundamentals. However, if you are joining us here at körpermotus direct from another clinical Pilates studio, we offer a 30-minute assessment so we are able to program for you for clinical classes. To speed up the process please fill out our new client form to maximise your session (this can be emailed to you).
If correct core activation is present then the introduction can be treated like a private and we can begin with a program that aligns with your goals, injury history and postural assessment. It’s a great way to re-connect with the fundamentals prior to continuing Pilates at körpermotus.
Classes: We have a strict 12-hour cancellation policy. You can change and cancel classes for free up until then, but you will be charged a session if it’s within the 12-hour window or if you don’t attend your session.
Privates and semi-privates: We have a strict 12-hour cancellation policy. You can change and cancel classes for free until then, however 50% of the session will be charged for non-attendance or cancelling within the 12-hour window.
To cancel or change a class log into your mindbody account via the website or the app on your phone and select the class you wish to cancel or change. To find the app, search körpermotus and follow the prompts to download and proceed to login (these details were either given to you in your introduction or will be the same details as the ones you used to create an account via the website).
If you are having trouble with the website or app please contact us so we can make those changes for you.
What to bring and wear
körpermotus provides complimentary towels and water, however you are welcome to bring your own towel and water bottle.
Pilates and Reformer
Please wear clothing that is comfortable and with a little stretch so you can move, such as gym shorts, leggings and a tank or t-shirt. Please no jewellery, zips or moisturiser so we can protect the upholstery.
For hygiene and comfort reasons please also wear grip socks to each class. We sell grip socks at the studio.
Please wear sneakers/runners to class and clothing that is comfortable and with a little stretch so you can move, such as gym shorts, leggings and a tank or t-shirt.
Is the class you’re wanting to attend full? Add yourself to the waitlist in case! Situations change daily, so it’s common for a spot to become available. You will be prompted to accept or decline your place in a class if you are on the waitlist. You won’t be charged if you miss or decline this message – you will only be charged if you accept and either don’t attend or cancel within the 12-hour window.
For those who would like to attend multiple classes a week we recommend a membership as the best pricing option.
Both the Pilates and Motus memberships give you the flexibility to use 12 classes over the course of the month without any weekly attendance restrictions.
By purchasing a membership, you agree to the terms and conditions outlined below:
- Payments are direct debit only, either from your bank account or from a credit card (we currently do not accept Amex or Diners). ‘Ezidebit HealthFit MB’ will appear on your statement as the payment reference.
- The month begins on the date of membership purchase.
- Declined or dishonoured payments will incur a fee of $14.80 charged by EziDebit. We recommend finding a suitable payment option for your direct debit to avoid any unnecessary payments.
- Memberships can be paused multiple times a year for a minimum of two weeks. The pauses are designed for clients who will be away from the studio on holidays for example. 10 days’ notice is required to pause memberships. Please email email@example.com with your full name and required dates for the membership to be paused.
- At least 10 days’ notice is required to cancel your membership prior to the next billing cycle. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and type of membership purchased so we can promptly organise the cancellation. No refunds will be issued if the next billing cycle occurs and notification has not been given.
- Memberships are non-refundable or transferrable.
- All clients are responsible for updating any changes in billing details. körpermotus does not take responsibility for any failed payment charges incurred by EziDebit.
- Memberships will be automatically paused for all clients over the Christmas break. Due to the fluidity of dates year to year, körpermotus will notify all clients of the dates of closure over this time and pause memberships accordingly.
For safety and comfort reasons we currently do not allow babies and small children into our classes. We do however permit babies and small children into privates and semi-privates where the other person is someone known to you.
Prenatal: Pilates is a safe and effective way to maintain fitness during pregnancy. As every pregnancy is different, we work with you and your specialist to ensure every exercise is appropriate and effective within our clinical class format. Many clients are able to attend Pilates up until childbirth due to the flexibility and scalability of the method.
Postnatal: Please provide a medical clearance from your GP/obstetrician/gynecologist that allows you to commence exercise and to start with us within the clinical class format. Most post-natal clients return or start Pilates around the 6-week period, however individual circumstances may change this.